Health Canada has released detailed guidelines for summer camps to continue to operate in 2021.
This year our camp plans will ensure we can offer every camper an incredible week - even if things change. We've put numerous plans in place to ensure we keep covid out of our camp, but if it creeps in or restrictions change, our camp will continue online! Our virtual programs are available all summer long, and will be made available to any camper who has symptoms or is exposed to covid. We got you!
In alignment with the govenerment recommendations for 2021 summer camps, we have put the following in order:
* Modified camp activities to promote outdoor and low risk activities.
* Campers in Co-horts
* Cleaning of high traffic surfaces.
* Extra staff to ensure facilitators can stay home when sick, or exposed.
* Notification system for families in the event of a positive case.
* Frequent handwashing and available hand sanitizer.
* Each camper will receive their own art/craft supplies. Any shared equipment will be sanitized between uses.
Symptoms, Positive Results, and Camp Credits
In the event a camper has symptoms before camp they will be asked to stay home. If a camper develops symptomos during camp, they will be isolated with a staff member and families will be called to ask the camper be picked up. All sympotomatic campers will be able to attend our virtual program from home, and their camp days will be posted as a credit for future programming. In the event other campers are exposed to Covid, the faciliity will undergo a deep clean, and families will be notified. If camp needs to be paused, campers will have a credit for days missed in a future week. AND campers will be able to attend our virtual camp program.
If you have questions, please don't hesitate to reach out: firstname.lastname@example.org